LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, January 4, 2009

January 1st 2009

Happy New Year!
My brother Mark had a great idea of spending the day at our land New Years Day.

We brought our snow shovels to make a spot for us. Riley shoveled to the shed where we keep some firewood covered.
The rest of us worked on clearing a spot for our fire barrel.

Scott cut this barrel down for us to roast marshmallows when we came up to our land during the Thanksgiving weekend.
We roasted our lunch this trip. We had hot dogs and smoked sausages for lunch with hot chocolate and smors.
We had made one BIG mistake. None of us realized that we bought HOT smoked sausages.
They were Crazy hot. I'm so glad we bought regular hot dogs too.
We had a great time. You can see the hot burner behind me, that is how we heated up the water for the hot chocolate.
We brought our two dogs Sammy and Suki.
My brother brought his dog Izzy. They had a lot of fun running around in the snow.

The kids decided to make a snowman. Riley had the base. Jason worked on the middle and Cassie worked on the head.
My brother donated his hat for a little while (at least long enough for this picture)
I think it was a pretty darn good looking snowman if I do say so myself.

6 comments:

Anita said...

that looks like so much fun. our dog M.E. would have had a BLAST playing in all that snow.
Did Mark get tired of waiting for your dogs to mate? So she really does just want to be friends?

Jerbabe said...

Looks like a good day. Great bonding time. It's so nice when the kids can work together on a project, even if it is just a snowman. Way to be!

The Olsons said...

Thats a pretty darn cute snowman, good pictures of the kids.

Brookie said...

Looks like alot of fun! Very cute snowman too!

mommyholly said...

Ooooh I am so jealous of all that snow! :) xo!

Suzee said...

Alice, I did get your info. However, getting an email back to you has been a task. For some reason, you aren't getting my emails. So, check your spam folder, and if not, I will just have to call you with your partner's info. Email me your phone number just in case. Thanks for participating!! I am way excited.