LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, December 15, 2008

This weekend was GREAT!!! I got tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. They preformed there program Thursday through Sunday morning. My tickets were for the Sunday morning performance so we got a hotel room for Saturday night.

I got a good deal at the "Little America Hotel" in downtown Salt Lake City.
Scott got off work Saturday at noon after working 12 hours. With the bad weather we took our time getting to SLC so we didn't get to our room until 5pm. While Scott took a nap the kids and I went swimming in the indoor/outdoor pool.


It was great. It was like a figure 8 shaped pool. The bottom half was indoor. Then you could swim under a bridge to the top half of the pool which was outdoors. It was a heated pool so you could swim outside even though it was SNOWING!!


It was so much fun. I've never been swimming in Utah - Outside in December before. LOL



I think the kids had a good time.

This is a huge gingerbread house that was in the lobby of the Hotel,.The concert was so special. I'm so glad we had the opportunity to go. The prophet was in attendance and talked to the audience while he gave gifts to the special guess after the concert. It was such a great experience for our family. It makes we want to go every year.

4 comments:

The Olsons said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Since I didn't see you on Sunday I have your Christmas cards. And Christmas is only a week away. I will try and maybe drop them off to your house this week. I think I will get up there sometime.

Anita said...

Alice,
We didn't see you there. How did you get 5 tickets? Where did you sit?
Wasn't the whole 'show after the show' great? We loved it.
We were on the terrace, section 6. Almost right in front. THe best seats of the 4 performances we saw. We also spent the weekend in SLC. Sure do wish we could have come over for a swim!
I want to go next year, too.
Anita

Unknown said...

wow what a good way to get into the spirit of christmas!

Jerbabe said...

This looks like so much fun! What a great thing to do and such a fun memory. I like the way you are all out there steaming in the dark!